Wednesday 8 June 2011

Alahai Jijah! by Dihsar Ludba Haqifa!

Salam and hi all,

   Reading a novel is not my passion. Since this novel is written by someone close to me, I took the effort to read it. When I flipped a few first pages, I started to adore the characters especially Jijah and Sodah. They were best friends yet the way they talked to each other is more like they were fighting and arguing because the words that they used when talking were quite harsh. That is the uniqueness of this novel. The story plot is simple yet meaningful. You can get a lot of moral lessons (oppss...moral values! I heard this term from an English teacher) and a lot of funny dialogues. 


   My mom said it is a dragging story because too much dialogues but for me that is the strength of the novel as the dialogues tell us everything and attract us to get into the novel. It's like watching movie. The ending of the novel is unpredictable as we have to guess a lot of things happened towards the end. Example, why Puan Gayah had this revengeful feeling towards Borhan and what happened to Mariam, Puan Gayah's daughter. 

   The negative thing about this novel is Jiji, the imaginary friend of Jijah. I can't see the need of having Jiji in the novel as she did not help Jijah at all. She just 'menyibuk' in the novel. Hahaha! The setting of the novel is quite okay too as it is in a typical Malay village and the characters' names are synonym with the setting. That's the best.

   As a conclusion, I can give 4 stars out of 5 stars and perhaps after this there will be Alahai Jijah! 2 as I am dying to know what had happened to Mariam and Borhan. Till then, grab this book now! Adios!


Alahai Jijah!

1 comment: