Saturday 11 June 2011

Common Grammar Mistakes Done by Students?

Salam and hi all,

  New semester, new spirit and new plan for my students! Today I would like to share some common grammar mistakes done by my students that I encountered when marking their papers last month. The mistakes are:


(British English):

1. Practice (noun) and practise (verb)

2. Principle (Prinsip) and Principal (Pengetua)

3. Singular/Plural errors

4. Did/does/do/did not/does not/do not + base word (NO -ing, -ed, -s)

5. Modal verbs + base word (NO -ing, -ed, -s) 

Modal verbs: will/may/might/would/should/shall/can/could

6. Wrong use of vocab (e.g. report can be noun and verb)

7. Help + base word or -ing

8. Senses verb: see/watch/listen/hear/feel/touch/ taste etc. + base word or -ing

9. Phrasal verb and Gerund

10. Make + base word (verb)

   That's all for now. Perhaps, I could add more later and post some superb essays written by my students. Sharing is caring anyway. Till then, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment